It’s 2019 and everyone wants to look better, feel better and eat better. So now that you’ve set your resolutions, can you keep them? From massage to exercise classes to self-pampering, these ten awesome spots in Siskiyou offer great ways to get in shape and show off the most beautiful you in 2019!
- Mount Shasta Resort – Siskiyou County’s all-season resort hub is situated on 126 acres that are perfect for outdoor recreation and leisure. Visit the spa and golf under the shadow of Mount Shasta, or use it as a basecamp to explore the wonderful trails around Lake Siskiyou.
- Level Up – A brand-new premier group fitness studio located on historic Miner Street in Yreka with classes in Pilates, yoga, dance and interval training. There are even drop in classes for kids!
- CrossFit Northern Limits – Start a new core strength and conditioning routine combining elements of track & field, gymnastics, weightlifting and strongman in one of Yreka’s most popular gyms.
- The Great Shasta Rail Trail – A scenic multi-use trail that was converted from a railroad to a 40-mile path that is still growing and will eventually link McCloud and Burney. It’s a great way to experience Mother Nature’s sights and sounds as you traverse the Shasta-Trinity National Forest – and you can do it on foot, bike, snowshoes or horseback!
- Shasta Base Camp – Not only do they do gear rentals to hit the slopes or the backcountry, but they’ve got a climbing wall to boot, and are open seven days a week.
- SWS Mountain Guides – Learn necessary climbing skills like avalanche education or technical ice climbing, or sign up for a guided tour up Mount Shasta!
- iDance Studio – Fly high into the New Year with something totally novel like an aerial silks class! The class is offered at Fort Jones’ local dance studio and welcomes beginners.
- Bear Trail – Get a stroll in between classes on this 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located on the COS campus in Weed, California. It features a great forest setting, is good for all skill levels and is accessible year-round.
- Dunsmuir Botanical Gardens – take a meditative stroll on the numerous walking trails that meander through the park amidst a beautiful and tranquil natural setting.
- Glo Skin & Body Spa – Bring out your inner glow in this upscale modern spa in Yreka that seeks to help clients with the overall health and wellness of their skin.
AND, just in case you’re one of those people who make resolutions just to break them, we threw in a few treats that might make falling off the resolution wagon worth it!
- Hi-Lo Café – known for their pies! (Weed)
- Shasta Chocolate Emporium – chocolate, candy, taffy…you name it. (Yreka)
- White Mountain Café – give their Banana Cream Pie a try! (McCloud)
- Yaks on the 5 – Go ahead, indulge. Where else will you find a hamburger on delicious sticky buns? (Two locations: Dunsmuir & Mt. Shasta)
- Mike & Tony’s – nothing says delicious comfort Italian food like their housemade tiramisu. (Mt. Shasta)