Siskiyou Science Festival (Mount Shasta)
What is Siskiyou Science Festival?
Created by Siskiyou County’s scientific, cultural, and educational institutions, the 1st annual Siskiyou Science Festival will take place during the week of May 15 to 20, 2018.
The festival will provide a wide range of free science activities – presentations, school activities, tours, and an all-day event on Saturday, May 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in downtown Mt. Shasta.
Experience the marvels of science in our daily lives
- Cultivate the next generation of science professionals
- Nurture an appreciation of science in our daily lives by connecting a community of citizens of all ages, scientists, science organizations, and businesses
- Foster curiosity and wonder about the world around us
- Provide opportunities to link art, daily life, creativity, and science in Festival activities
- Provide practical application of simple science principles
- Have the Science Festival become an annual celebration of science countywide, by supporting community collaborations for science education
- Young people will understand that science is fun, exciting and important, encouraging them to pursue careers in science.
- Parents will feel more confident about supporting their kids’ interests in science.
- Teachers will have new resources to get students thinking about science outside of the classroom.
- Businesses and organizations will have an opportunity to communicate the importance of science in their work.
The Siskiyou Science Festival will have an outdoor event, free to the public, on Mt. Shasta Blvd. on May 19, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (400 block Mt. Shasta Blvd.)
Photo Credit: Siskiyou Science Festival
AddressMt. Shasta Sisson Museum
1 N Old Stage Rd, Mt Shasta, CA 96067